Charabancs and Cadillacs Project Manager
|Charabancs and Cadillacs Project Manager
|22.30 hours per week
|Two-year Fixed Term Contract
|Newham Outreach Officer
|Director – Community Transport Waltham Forest
|16th June 12 noon
We are seeking an enthusiastic project manager, with an interest in Local History, to manage the delivery our Charabancs and Cadillacs Heritage lottery funded project in the London Borough of Newham. The project focusses on the history of travel and transport in Newham. We require an experienced project manager to help design and deliver a programme of community activities focussing on Reminiscence and Oral History. You will be working with local organisations and individuals, and project volunteers in a variety of community settings. You will be working in partnership with our commissioned agencies to create a unique quilt and travel chest to house our collections of community stories, and memories, and memorabilia to be enjoyed by the community for years to come.
We are a thriving community transport service in East London serving the communities of Waltham Forest, Newham, and surrounds. We work with a wide range of community organisations and individuals with a transport need. This is our first project seeking to capture our passenger stories in a way that their voices and stories will be seen and heard for many years.
As Charabancs and Cadillacs Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Charabancs and Cadillacs Project plan ensuring:
- Project milestones are met; ensuring the deliverables are to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget in accordance with the project plan.
- Represent the public face of Charabancs and Cadillacs via presentations, consultation events, social media and other promotional activities.
- Build key relationships with other community organisations in Newham to optimize the reach and impact of the project.
- Identify and manage risks to achieve a successful outcome of the project reporting to the project steering committee.
- Ensure evaluation data is collected and supplied as requested.
- Work outside of core hours and travel to project sites
Day to Day Duties
- Form effective working relationships with Project team, steering group, local and national organisations including Heritage Lottery Fund, statutory services and those working/volunteering for other agencies in the voluntary sector.
- Provide information on Charabancs and Cadillac’s Project and guidance on options to participate.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of volunteers necessary to delivery key elements of the project including responsibilities for each element of the programme requiring volunteers.
- Arrange training for staff and volunteers required to deliver the project.
- Design and establish volunteer recognition awards for participants in the project.
- Be based in Newham and undertake outreach to recruit and engage individuals and community organisations in Newham with the project.
- Implement Social Media Strategy and manage Media Volunteers
- Design and deliver a programme of activities to meet outcomes of the project for residents of Newham, focussing in particular on Heritage related activities including eg Heritage lunches, Reminiscence tours with consideration of individuals who are suffering from isolation and loneliness.
- Support and work with our commissioned artists on planning and delivery of their elements of the project.
- Represent Charabancs and Cadillacs at workshops, exhibitions, and events in Newham to promote the project.
- Arrange pop-up days/ special initiatives in local community to raise awareness of the project.
- Any other reasonable tasks required to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
Step 1 – Download and Complete our Application Form
Step 2 – Send it to our team
Please send an mail directly to our admin team on firstname.lastname@example.org