Wow, we are are almost at the most “wonderful time” of the year again and our Get Up and Go services are open for the Festive Season! As part of our ongoing efforts to provide avenues to tackle loneliness and isolation amongst the elderly trips have been arranged as detailed below. If you are anyone you know would benefit from being a part of this service then click here for a membership form or contact a member of our team 0208 521 0665, email: email@example.com.
Waltham Forest Excursion Trips
- Polhill Garden Centre – Monday 18th November 2019
- Rochester Dickensian Christmas – Saturday 7th December 2019
- Pantomime @Kenneth More Theatre – Tuesday 7th January 2020
Newham Excursion Trips
- Forty Hall Estate & Crews Hill – Thursday 21st November 2019
- Canterbury Christmas Market – Monday 02nd December 2019
- Festive Lunch @ Toby Carvery & Casino – Monday 16th December 2019
🎵Happy Anniversary to us, Happy Anniversary to us, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary to us!!!🎵
Social Enterprise Accreditation
Community Transport is celebrating its’ fifth year of qualifying for the Social Enterprise mark. The Mark provides assurance that profits or surpluses are used to improve the quality of life of people in the areas where we operate and are used to help people and the planet, rather than pay dividends to shareholders.
London Living Wage
Outside of providing accessible, affordable transport in the boroughs we serve we also believe that our business practices and ethos should be fair and ethical which is why we are also a London Living Wage Employer. Being a Living Wage employer means that at a minimum our staff earn the London living wage rate which is updated on an annual basis to ensure that they are paid a reasonable, sustainable and fair wage.
The long days of summer are over and the cosy warmth of Autumn beckons with the promise of a kaleidoscope of rustic hues for our visual delight. Summer was an extremely active time across all sections of our organisation with strong growth in our established services and development of new work and strengthening of our partnerships across the boroughs of Waltham Forest, Newham and Enfield.
Our Excursion clubs in Newham and Waltham Forest both recorded excellent results for their summer season with a combined total of 342 trips across 4 destinations in Waltham Forest and Newham registering 210 trips across 3 destinations with a membership increase of 15% to the end of August.
We partnered again this year with “Ambition, Aspire, Achieve” (AAA) and provided transport for their ‘Big Day Out @ Port Lympne Wildlife Park which saw 90 children and their families explore and be blown away by the array of animals on display. Community Transport has worked jointly with the AAA on this initiative for 3 years and feedback from the attendees remains positive and uplifting.
Kudos to Mr. Kevin Jenkins and his team at Ambition, Aspire, Achieve for the hard work and commitment they put in every year to ensure these families enjoy many events most of us take for granted.
We also want to recognise and applaud Community Transport’s Margaret Augustin for fundraising over £700.00 through cake sales to take 3 bus loads of families from her local community to Southend –on-Sea in August. Margaret is our resident Great British Baker and with some assistance from our other resident baker Lisa Drury, selflessly baked and sold over 70 baked culinary treats (cakes, cupcakes, breads), to ensure these young people were guaranteed a ‘bright spark’ over their summer holidays.
Our efforts to win new work have been awarded as follows:
- Successful tender to provide transport for Adult & Social care in Waltham Forest;
- Trial contract work with new groups in Enfield as we seek to expand the presence of our service offer within the borough; and
- The upcoming launch of a Door to Store shopping service in Newham. Kudos must be given to Jackie Mattock, our outreach worker for Newham who has been able to mobilise this initiative in 4 weeks. Jackie has recently joined the team and has been pivotal in creating a strong extension on growth in the borough in her time thus far. The imminent arrival of our new bus for this service is due over the forthcoming weeks and we want to extend a big ‘THANK YOU!’ to Power to Change for the support they have given us towards our development work in Newham.
Continue to watch this space for more updates as we continue to make a positive impact on our local communities and for the launch of our festive season specials.
Excursion Club Summer 2019 is OPEN! And once more we have tried to offer a mix of trips to appeal to our current members and attract new service users as well.
Waltham Forest Excursion Club
- Thurrock Garden Centre
- Mayfield Farm Bakery
- Battlesbridge Antiques centre & Southend on Sea
- Eltham Palace & Gardens
EAST (Newham) Excursion Club
- St. Albans
- Whitstable, Kent
- Epping Railway Experience & Pub
Spaces for the trips are going fast, so if you are interested in attending please call us on 0208 521 0665 for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are at the end of 2018 and would like to wish all of our members, staff and all of the local communities we serve a Merry Christmas and an AMAZING 2019!
As we approach the end of the current financial year all Community Transport group members are advised that membership renewal forms for the 2018-2019 year need to be in by April 01st. We will not be able to process any bookings until the renewal forms have been submitted; forms can be accessed here or alternatively please contact a member of our team on 0208 521 0665 with any queries or further support that you may require.