Community Transport Waltham Forest (CTWF) is a registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee which has been established for more than 20 years. In the past, our aim was to provide a sustainable group transport facility for local groups, organisations and allied services in Waltham Forest & Newham. In recent times, this has still remained a priority but our vision has diversified to reflect our continued development in the field of minibus travel.
To be an efficient, effective, sustainable community transport service putting our customers and communities first. Working together with our partner agencies to improve the quality of life and well being of all communities in Waltham Forest & Newham by providing a customer focused transport service aimed at improving access to health, education, social and economic opportunities to all sectors of the community
- our services should be accessible to all sections of the community
- increasing transport choices
- adapt in response to changing needs
- a commitment to monitor, reflect and learn
- sharing, training and using knowledge for the benefit of others
- staff and members have the right to participate in decision making
- professionalism and integrity
Aims and Objectives
- To support communities across Waltham Forest by providing flexible and innovative transport solutions to support social change by providing skills and services in: passenger transportation, fleet, contract and charity management,community development and local knowledge.
- To work with other local agencies to contribute to the climate change agenda by encouraging other vehicle owning groups to maximise vehicle use through our vehicle brokerage scheme and to explore alternative travel options
- To respond flexibly and professionally to passenger transport need. The organisation is committed to providing services of high value which support the work of each organisation that requires a transport solution.
- To represent the expressed needs of the membership and work in partnership with other agencies to deliver a range of appropriate and relevant services.
- To provide -training services which enable drivers and support workers to develop their skills and employment/volunteering prospects.