This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Community Transport Waltham Forest uses the information collected from you to record organisation membership details as the named contact person details, to make telephone contact and to email you information to provide transport quotations, issue invoices and renewal documentation or to discuss bookings and service offers which Community Transport Waltham Forest believes may be of interest to you/your organisation. In you making initial contact you consent to Community Transport Waltham Forest maintaining a dialogue with you until you/your organisation either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
Waltham Forest Community Driving School
Waltham Forest Community Driving School uses the information collected from you to record personal details, including name, address, telephone and email details and driving licence details (as appropriate) to prepare a training record. In making initial contact and booking training you consent to Community Transport Waltham Forest maintaining a dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or when your accreditation certificate runs out and has not been renewed within 1 month of the expiry date.
Individual Member Services
Community transport Waltham forest uses the information collected from you to record personal details including names, address, telephone and email details to enable us to make you aware of activities and services. Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your use of our transport service.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet Community Transport Waltham Forest contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Community Transport Waltham Forest
To promote the services offered by Community Transport Waltham Forest and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Community Transport Waltham Forest to existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Community Transport Waltham Forest processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing Helen@ctwf.co.uk or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
Community Transport Waltham Forest may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Community Transport Waltham Forest requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Community Transport Waltham Forest do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the organisation without your consent. However, Community Transport Waltham Forest may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The organisation may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Community Transport Waltham Forest its clients and/or the wider community.
Community Transport Waltham Forest will process personal data during the duration of any contract/annual membership subscription and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract/membership subscription has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom Community Transport Waltham Forest does not store personal data outside the EEA.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point whilst Community Transport Waltham Forest is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Community Transport Waltham Forest refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Community Transport Waltham Forest at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Community Transport Waltham Forest) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Community Transport Waltham Forest or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Community Transport Waltham Forest will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Community Transport Waltham Forest is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to Helen@ctwf.co.uk or by phoning 02085210665 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Community Transport Waltham Forest you have the right to complain to the Director of Community Transport Waltham Forest. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Community Transport Waltham Forest attention of:
Community Transport Waltham Forest
42 Argall Avenue
Telephone 02085210665 or email Helen@ctwf.co.uk
Data Protection Regulator
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: email@example.com